hometutorialsmy stuffDIYfashionbeauty

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hunger Games - Katniss Everdeen Inspired Braid Tutorial

Hey guys! I must say, I'm a big Hunger Games fan! Since I started to read the books, actually just finished "Catching fire", I became obsessed. So I decided to post a tutorial for the braid that Katniss wore in the Arena. This braid is most known as a dutch braid, the only difference is that it's curved. 


Step 1: Take three sections of your hair. 

Step 2: Take the first strand and pull it under the first strand. 

Step3: Take the third strap and pull it under the first strap.

Step 4: Add hair to the second strap.

Step 5: Once you add hair to the second strap, you're going to pull it under the third strap.

Step 6: Add hair to the first strap. Add hair into the straps you're holding between your fingers. Then bring that under the braid. 

Step 7: Keep adding hair to each strap, like you would do for a french braid. Pull the straps under the braid and over. You are basically reversing a french braid. 

Continue like that and you're finished! This braid is truly amazing!

1 comment:

  1. This is really good! The photos are really clear and well explained :)
    I like to wear my hair in a "Katniss Braid" all the time =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...